OH, HAPPY DAY! (part 1)

It has been one week since one of the most memorable days of my life. I’ve been meaning to sit down and type this out so I don’t forget a thing! Let me tell you all about just how wonderful it was:

Tuesday, June 23rd started like any other. I went to work in the morning and had a nice day. Sadly, I don’t remember much else…ha (this is why I should have wrote earlier)! After I got home from work, Jamison and my mom were about to run some errands and go to the bank. It was such a beautiful day, so Jamison decided to take his new crotch-rocket (of which his ownership, I am not too happy about…) to the bank. Despite my nervousness of my baby brother driving such a dangerous machine, I decided to hop on and tag along. We stopped at Derek’s house on the ride home to show off the bike, and then went back home.

Meanwhile, my mom was already back and had just gotten off the phone with my dad, who was on his way back from some Milwaukee doctor appointments for Alaina.  She had been an absolute rock-star at her appointments.  My parents decided it would be the perfect night to go out to eat in Fond du Lac and stop by Lakeside Park!  Laina was rewarded with one of her favorite things…and then we, were rewarded by watching her!!  Our family afternoon in the park was simply awesome.

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.57.05 PMScreen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.57.24 PM
Our first stop at the Lakeside Park was the train, where we squeezed in a family selfie!  After, we took a walk to see the goats, alpacas, and deer.

ferriswheelThe carousel was next, it was mostly to entertain Laina….but deep down we all had as much fun as she did as we rode around on creepy, rickety ole horses!

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.58.55 PM

Car #6 for the Six-Year-Old!  I wish you could have seen how fast this thing went.  None of us could stop laughing as Laina spun faster and faster, giggling the whole way ’round.

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.59.06 PMAfter the park, we went to eat at Joe’s Fox Hut on Main Street.  Kind of a dive, but YUMMMM!  Pizza was great, especially paired with a Red’s.  After pizza, we did some more running around Fond du Lac.  First TJ Maxx and then Target, where Dad pushed around his girls in the baby cart. (: We ended the night (or so I thought), with Micky D’s icecream….a dipped cone which found its way on my clothes.
Driving home that night, I remember thinking to myself: “This one is going down for one of the top day’s of the summer.”

Little did I know, the day’s events were just beginning….

(see part two)