As I have been racking my brain for something exciting to post about, I’m realizing that in the past two weeks, not much has happened! Besides a wonderful, relaxing (but always too short) weekend visiting Derek in MI, I haven’t done much else. It’s just been a lot of homework, projects, and work. Nothing flashy, nothing impressive. To be honest, it’s kind of been a rough little stretch. I bombed a test and got a very low grade (I surely did “drop it, drop it, low girl”), got some less than exciting news, and end-of-semester deadlines are creeping up fast. Despite the “blah” last few weeks, there is always something to cherish, even if it is itty-biddy or the tiniest of successes. Some of those things that have made me smile and have kept me sane are:
- Dry Shampoo (a staple)
- Chasing the sun to get a snap of the picturesque sunset
- Frupper: enjoying sUPPER with FRiends…clever, huh?
- Awesome team project partners
- Google/Wikipedia…I don’t know how there was civilization without it
- A very good sermon on Sunday
- Facebook chats (S/O: Ellie and Kristen!!)
- Losing almost all of Intramural Volleyball games, but having a wild time doing it
- Getting cutie-pie texts from my boiii
- The most beautiful blooming trees on Trin’s campus!
SO…even though mid-April has been “un-flashy,” it’s okay! There is always so much to value and appreciate, even in the monotony. As wise ole Solomon said in Ecclesiastes: there is a time for everything. & right now, it’s time to get’r’done and keep workin’ hard. Homework/Tests, here I come!
Conclusion: My life is sometimes boring. But there is so much goodness sprinkled in, and I am ever so thankful for that!