Wow! Has it really been over 2 weeks since my last post? A lot has happened since then, including the trending of the #20BeautifulWomen tag that I’m sure most of us on social media have seen. The purpose of this challenge is to post something that makes you feel beautiful, both inside and out. I’ve had the honor of being tagged, and I’ve decided to mix it up a little bit! Instead of the typical selfie, I thought I’d kill two birds with one stone: rise to the #beautifulwomen posting challenge and finish another blog post!
In order to do that, I’m going to list 20 things in the last two weeks that have made me happy….Because everyone knows you are the most beautiful when you are happy!
1. Saw almost all of the Hoffmann clan in Green Bay last weekend! Lots of swimming, munching, and of course…chatting! It was definitely worth the long drive
2. Squeezed in lunch and supper dates with an old friend (:
3. I passed my Finance quiz and did better than I expected!
4. Received a Valentine’s card from my always-on-the-balI, A+ friend, Miss Kelli Heeringa (with mint dark chocolate, I might add)
5. Watched the drama-filled episode of the Bachelor—sad I know. But there is something so intriguing about it! Ashley I & Kelsey….c’mon people that is funny stuff!
6. I’ve been able to get back on that work-out grind! Sooner than later, I will be strong and buff (shoot for the stars, right?)
7. FaceTime! Seriously, this piece of technology makes me SO happy!
8. This bullet point is dedicated completely to someone who makes me happy: loving brother, Jamison. His response to me getting a blog was: “unless you talk strictly about me, I probably won’t read it.” So shout-out to my very honest, silly, brother! You rock, bud, and always make me laugh (well, almost always). And now you have to read my blog!
9. My extra-long jeans came in the mail….SO. MUCH. LENGTH! I almost cried of happiness. #tallgirlprobs
10. Read devotions based on 2 Corinthians 5:17: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” Now that is something that should make everyone feel beautiful!
11. Derek, my wonderfully handsome, charming boyfriend, traveled to see me! And I get to look forward to this coming weekend when I get to see him again….2 weeks in a row! Lucky him! me! (;
12. Miraculously, I did not take any falls while ice-skating at the Maggie Daley Park, which is VERY surprising and clearly something to be happy about
13. My rear sat in the most beautiful Camaro I have ever seen. Thank you, Chicago Auto Show.
14. I had a class cancelled so I could listen to the CEO of the company that created Franzia talk about wine. Only downfall was there were no samples…nuts!
15. Stayed up late giggling with a friend, all while quoting Kristen Wiig’s hilarious performance in Bridesmaids. So, so very hysterical!
16. I made it through two more full, full weeks of work and school
17. I filed my taxes all on my own!!
18. Listened to one of my favorite songs on repeat….a lot. Still don’t know the lyrics, but I’ll get there (hopefully!)
19. Heard a great sermon on spiritual warfare, which has prompted me to reread C.S. Lewis’s Screwtape letters. It is such intriguing and eye-opening piece. Find a library and check it out!
20. Sitting here now typing this up! It is so refreshing to look back and smile at the little things, moments, and people that have made me feel so happy!
I hope each of you readers have the chance to look back and reflect on those moments in your life that have made you smile, and then thank God for each of them! Be happy and beautiful! Have a great week and thanks for reading (:
“I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.” Psalm 9:1 ESV